Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hogwarts in the Office Basement

A surreal experience at the end of my day today. I had stayed late to take care of some things and, around 6:30, headed down to the lab to finish up. That late, the offices are mostly dark, and (since it's been raining most of the day) the hallways are kind of shadowy and vaguely creepy. As I was heading down the (also dark) staircase, I heard someone whistling the Harry Potter theme. Whoever it was actually had really good pitch, but the whistling faded away into the creepy empty offices and I never saw who it was.

It was an interesting if mildly surreal experience, and surprisingly good atmospherics to make it work. Since I'm 100% sure I'm a muggle, I guess I should start keeping an eye out for lurking Slytherins in the halls after hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment